It is that time of year again. Tomorrow is Homecoming and a number of City Services and external agencies have collaborated to help promote a safe and successful event.
As in past years, some of the steps being taken include:
· Increased staffing levels for Police and Bylaw with proactive patrols being conducted throughout the day and night
· Property standard concerns observed will be forwarded to Property Standards staff for follow up
· Transit will be maintaining the waste receptacles at bus stops and monitor ing ridership to make adjustments as needed
· University student spirit teams will be visible in neighbourhoods encouraging proper behaviour and addressing minor waste issues
· University Campus Police will be working with the various agencies to address issues on University land
· Emergency Services staff will be reporting concerns they observe to Police for follow up
· Ontario Alcohol and Gaming Inspectors will be available to assist if needed
While w hope our efforts will deter unwanted activities, an increase in calls for service is anticipated. To ensure appropriate action is taken in a timely manner, we are encouraging the public to contact the Guelph Police Service at 519 824-1212 should they have any concerns.
To provide further direction to Bylaw staff, I will be working, along with senior staff from the Guelph Police Service
Go Gryphons go, Staff