The forecast for Guelph is calling for up to 14 mm of rain for Monday and into the early hours of Tuesday morning. Overnight the rain is expected to turn into snow, with accumulations of up to 13 cm by 11 a.m. tomorrow.
City crews are readying plows and equipment in preparation for the snow event and will respond as needed.
Staff are also inspecting and clearing stormwater drains in advance of the expected rainfall and continued thaw.
The City reminds residents of the following to stay safe during these forecasted winter conditions:
• Drive according to road conditions, and allow additional time for your morning commute.
• Report a snow removal concern by using the “How can we help you?” section on guelph.ca or call 519-837-5628 and include your name, contact information and the exact location.
• If there is snow accumulation and you’re able, please help clear sidewalks near your property. Seniors and residents with a physical disability who require assistance shoveling can call Snow Angels at 519-822-1155.
• Help keep storm drains and catch basins clear to prevent flooding.
• Be cautious around waterways and ponds.
The City’s winter maintenance service helps ensure community safety every day, and in the event of extreme weather.
The City will continue to provide updates to the community, and invites people to subscribe to updates using Twitter or Facebook.